This wiki is archived from 2021-09-05
Planetary Annihilation: TITANS and Classic PA Support Wiki
Planetary Annihilation: TITANS & Classic PA Support Wiki
SUPPORT REPLACED BY: https://planetaryannihilation.com/support/
This support wiki WAS the central place for common solutions, known issues and workarounds.
A lot of information is specific to your operating system.
Planetary Annihilation is currently available for:
The most important minimum requirements are:
- 8 GB RAM (ideally more)
- OpenGL 3.2+ graphics support with 1GB VRAM
- 1 Mbit/s or faster reliable broadband internet connection for online
- 64 bit operating system
Integrated graphics requires more RAM.
An SSD will dramatically improve startup and loading times.
PA can be played online using PA servers (no local server) using less RAM on highly optimised systems:
Planetary Annihilation is a cross platform client / server networked OpenGL application.
Any software that interferes with network connections or OpenGL can cause issues.
When playing you are connecting to a local server or hosted server over the internet. Avoid playing via Wi-Fi.
System level crashes or mouse / keyboard freezes during live games are almost always a hardware / driver issue with your system. PA can really push your hardware to the max.
Reporting Windows Issues
For Windows please upload a DxDiag.txt created by pressing
R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...".
Check the List of Windows Incompatible Software Before Reporting Issues
- Windows Incompatible Software (eg firewalls / ASUS GameFirst)
Update Your Windows Graphics Drivers
Make sure you have the latest drivers and get them directly from the manufacturer.
Laptop manufacturers are notorious for providing out of date graphics drivers that are often many years old. Download your graphics drivers directly from Intel, AMD or NVIDIA.
If you have hybrid graphics then you need to update both even if you only use the discrete graphics card.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
If you have an older GPU or recently upgraded to a 10 series Nvidia GPU you may need to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before installing the latest driver:
Test Windows Compatibility Options
If you have any full screen display or high DPI issues then test the following:
- Windows Compatibility Options: https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings (Windows 7 / 8.x) / Override high DPI display scaling behavior: Application scaling (Windows 10)
- Compatibility mode: Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Disable fullscreen optimisations (Windows 10)
- Game Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4028293/windows-using-game-mode-on-your-pc
Reporting macOS Issues
For macOS please include your operating system version, RAM with your model identifier and graphics / displays from System Information (Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report).
eg macOS Sierra 10.12.3 16GB MacBookPro11,3 Intel Iris Pro 1536MB Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2048MB
Reporting Linux Issues
Before reporting please check the Linux / SteamOS Support Wiki.
For Linux include the following:
- distribution and version
- graphics card and drivers
OS Independent Issues
- Russian Government Roskomnadzor Blocking AWS Login Servers
- User Interface Unreadable on 4K / 5K Displays
- Full Screen Desktop Resolution
- Missing Build Bar with Conflicting Unit Server Mods
- Old PAMM File System Mods
- Special Characters in Display Name
- Unit Freezes / Unit Jumps / Stuttering
- Server Sim Performance / Time Dilation / RAM Usage
- Lost Titans Ownership When Linking Steam to PA Account
- Application Focus Change / Alt-Tab While Building Planets May Crash
- Ranked 1v1 Loads Replay (patched by Community Mods)
- Game Play
- System Editor