- 1 Linux Planetary Annihilation Titans & Classic Support Wiki
- 1.1 Linux Minimum Requirements
- 1.2 Clear Your Download Cache Before Reporting Issues
- 1.3 Verify Your Game Files Before Reporting Issues
- 1.4 Test With Mods Disabled Before Reporting Issues
- 1.5 Verify Your Game Files Before Reporting Issues
- 1.6 Reporting Linux Issues
- 1.7 Possible Linux Issues
- 1.8 OS Independent Issues
- 1.9 Crash Minidump Location
Planetary Annihilation is a cross platform client / server networked OpenGL application.
Any software that interferes with network connections or OpenGL can cause issues.
When playing you are connecting to a local server or hosted server over the internet. Avoid playing via Wi-Fi.
System level crashes or mouse / keyboard freezes during live games are almost always a hardware / driver issue with your system. PA can really push your hardware to the max.
The most important minimum requirements for Linux are:
- 64 bit only
- 8GB RAM
- OpenGL 3.2+ with S3 Texture Compression enabled
- reliable broadband for online
Delete the contents of the download directory in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory:
- .../Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/download/
Verify your game files:
You can launch PA with all mods disabled via the --nomods command line option using one of the following:
- Steam: right click on game > properties > set launch options
- Uber Launcher: click on name > build options > additional command-line options
Remove any old PAMM file system mods:
Verify your game files:
Issues should be reported in the official Uber support forums where you can easily upload files:
When reporting issues please upload:
- PA client logs
- PA local server logs if playing on a local server
- screenshots for any user interface issues
The logs can be found in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory.
Logs may include your partial or full name in paths. Replace your name with username using a text editor if needed before uploading.
Please include the following:
- distribution and version of linux
- graphics card and drivers
- Alternate Install Location May Cause Local Server Issues
- UI is partially missing
- Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)
- Black screen after every game
- Black screen on start-up
- Textures are missing in game
- White screen during game
- Fatal error "basil"
- Crashing in Ubuntu 16.04 when using Steam
- User Interface Unreadable on 4K / 5K Displays
- Full Screen Desktop Resolution
- Missing Build Bar with Conflicting Unit Server Mods
- Old PAMM File System Mods
- Special Characters in Display Name
- Unit Freezes / Unit Jumps / Stuttering
- Server Sim Performance / Time Dilation / RAM Usage
- Lost Titans Ownership When Linking Steam to PlayFab / Ubernet Login
- Application Focus Change / Alt-Tab While Building Planets May Crash
- Ranked 1v1 Loads Replay (patched by Community Mods)
- Game Play
- System Editor
The environment variable
MINIDUMP_DIRECTORY can be used to change the location where crash minidumps .dmp files are saved.
The default location is usually a temp directory. eg C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\ on Windows.