- 1 macOS Planetary Annihilation Titans & Classic Support Wiki
Planetary Annihilation is a cross platform client / server networked OpenGL application.
Any software that interferes with network connections or OpenGL can cause issues.
When playing you are connecting to a local server or hosted server over the internet. Avoid playing via Wi-Fi.
System level crashes or mouse / keyboard freezes during live games are almost always a hardware / driver issue with your system. PA can really push your hardware to the max.
The most important minimum requirements for macOS are:
- 64 bit
- 8GB RAM
- OpenGL 3.2+ support
- reliable broadband for online
macOS OpenGL support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202823
It is highly recommended that you install the latest versions of macOS:
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
- macOS Sierra 10.12.x
macOS High Sierra compatible hardware: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201475
Delete the contents of the download directory in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory:
- .../Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/download/
Verify your game files:
You can launch PA with all mods disabled via the --nomods command line option using one of the following:
- Steam: right click on game > properties > set launch options
- Uber Launcher: click on name > build options > additional command-line options
Remove any old PAMM file system mods:
Issues should be reported in the official Uber support forums where you can easily upload files:
When reporting issues please upload:
- PA client logs
- PA local server logs if playing on a local server
- screenshots for any user interface issues
The logs can be found in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory.
Logs may include your partial or full name in paths. Replace your name with username using a text editor if needed before uploading.
Please include your operating system version, RAM with your model identifier and graphics / displays from System Information (Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report).
eg macOS Sierra 10.12.3 16GB MacBookPro11,3 Intel Iris Pro 1536MB Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2048MB
- Exporting map from system editor crash
- No copy / paste
- User Interface Unreadable on 4K / 5K Displays
- Full Screen Desktop Resolution
- Missing Build Bar with Conflicting Unit Server Mods
- Old PAMM File System Mods
- Special Characters in Display Name
- Unit Freezes / Unit Jumps / Stuttering
- Server Sim Performance / Time Dilation / RAM Usage
- Lost Titans Ownership When Linking Steam to PlayFab / Ubernet Login
- Application Focus Change / Alt-Tab While Building Planets May Crash
- Ranked 1v1 Loads Replay (patched by Community Mods)
- Game Play
- System Editor
The environment variable
MINIDUMP_DIRECTORY can be used to change the location where crash minidumps .dmp files are saved.
The default location is usually a temp directory. eg C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\ on Windows.