- 1 Planetary Annihilation Titans & Classic Reporting Issues
- 1.1 Reporting Issues
- 1.2 Clear Your Download Cache Before Reporting Issues
- 1.3 Verify Your Game Files Before Reporting Issues
- 1.4 Test With Mods Disabled Before Reporting Issues
- 1.5 Crash Minidump Location
- 1.6 Crash Reporting Server Offline
- 1.7 Reporting Windows Issues
- 1.8 Reporting macOS Issues
- 1.9 Reporting Linux Issues
- 1.10 OS Independent Issues
Planetary Annihilation is a cross platform client / server networked OpenGL application.
Any software that interferes with network connections or OpenGL can cause issues.
When playing you are connecting to a local server or hosted server over the internet. Avoid playing via Wi-Fi.
System level crashes or mouse / keyboard freezes during live games are almost always a hardware / driver issue with your system. PA can really push your hardware to the max.
Before reporting issues please remove any old PAMM file system mods:
Issues should be reported in a NEW thread in the official Uber support forums where you can easily upload files:
When reporting issues please upload:
- PA client logs
- PA local server logs if playing on a local server
- screenshots for any user interface issues
The logs can be found in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory.
Logs may include your partial or full name in paths. Replace your name with username using a text editor if needed before uploading.
Delete the contents of the download directory in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory:
- .../Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/download/
Verify your game files:
You can launch PA with all mods disabled via the --nomods command line option using one of the following:
- Steam: right click on game > properties > set launch options
- Uber Launcher: click on name > build options > additional command-line options
Remove any old PAMM file system mods:
The environment variable
MINIDUMP_DIRECTORY can be used to change the location where crash minidumps .dmp files are saved.
The default location is usually a temp directory such as %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp on Windows eg C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\.
The crash reporting server is currently offline.
You can zip and upload crash minidump .dmp files from your
For Windows please upload a DxDiag.txt created by pressing
R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...".
Check the List of Windows Incompatible Software Before Reporting Issues
- Windows Incompatible Software (eg firewalls / ASUS GameFirst)
Update Your Windows Graphics Drivers
Make sure you have the latest drivers and get them directly from the manufacturer.
Laptop manufacturers are notorious for providing out of date graphics drivers that are often many years old. Download your graphics drivers directly from Intel, AMD or NVIDIA.
If you have hybrid graphics then you need to update both even if you only use the discrete graphics card.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
If you have an older GPU or recently upgraded to a 10 series Nvidia GPU you may need to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before installing the latest driver:
Test Windows Compatibility Options
If you have any full screen display or high DPI issues then test the following:
- Windows Compatibility Options: https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings (Windows 7 / 8.x) / Override high DPI display scaling behavior: Application scaling (Windows 10)
- Compatibility mode: Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Disable fullscreen optimisations (Windows 10)
- Game Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4028293/windows-using-game-mode-on-your-pc
For macOS please include your operating system version, RAM with your model identifier and graphics / displays from System Information (Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report).
eg macOS Sierra 10.12.3 16GB MacBookPro11,3 Intel Iris Pro 1536MB Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2048MB
Before reporting please check the Linux / SteamOS Support Wiki.
For Linux include the following:
- distribution and version
- graphics card and drivers
- Russian Government Roskomnadzor Blocking AWS Login Servers
- User Interface Unreadable on 4K / 5K Displays
- Full Screen Desktop Resolution
- Missing Build Bar with Conflicting Unit Server Mods
- Old PAMM File System Mods
- Special Characters in Display Name
- Unit Freezes / Unit Jumps / Stuttering
- Server Sim Performance / Time Dilation / RAM Usage
- Lost Titans Ownership When Linking Steam to PlayFab / Ubernet Login
- Application Focus Change / Alt-Tab While Building Planets May Crash
- Ranked 1v1 Loads Replay (patched by Community Mods)
- Game Play
- System Editor